1 tablespoon butter
2 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1 toothpick Basil oil
2 tablespoons flour
3 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 drop Lemon oil
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 can evaporated milk
1 can corn
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a five-quart pan, sauté zucchini, onion, and parsley in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Gradually add in water, whisking to keep mixture smooth. Add the bouillon cubes. Heat until bouillon cubes are dissolved.
- To prevent milk from curdling, pour canned milk into a small bowl and whisk in some hot liquid from the soup until milk is warm, then whisk the mixture slowly into the pan. Add the corn.
- Bring to a gentle boil and then simmer for five minutes or until corn is tender. Add tomatoes, Basil oil, and Lemon oil. Heat until hot throughout.
- Before serving, add in Parmesan and cheddar cheese. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and eat immediately.
Tip: This chowder tastes great in a sourdough bread bowl.