Guacamole is a Mexican dip that features predominantly the avocado. Guacamole is really quick and easy to make and will satisfy everybody. Avocados are almost 75% fat and most of it is monounsaturated, so its really a great thing to consume on a regular basis.
Avocados are also full of potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E and B vitamins and have a very high amount of fiber, 75% insoluble fiber and 25% soluble fiber.
Quick and Easy Guacamole Recipe
This recipe make about 2 1/2 cups.
- 3 medium avocados or 4 small ones;
- 1 firm tomato, finely diced;
- 1/2 white onion;
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro;
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice (replace with 1-2 drops of lime or lemon essential oil!)
- Optional salt and pepper to taste.
- Open the avocados and scoop out the flesh. An easy way is to cut it length-wise around the pit and than using a chefs knife strike the pit and then twist the knife so you can easily remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Mash the flesh with a fork, it can still have hard parts, follow your preference.
- Stir the other ingredients.
- Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator. A trick is to put a plastic wrap that touches the guacamole so it doesnt brown because of contact with air.