Give your tastebuds a treat with this tasty combination of raspberry and lemon!
Whole wheat pancakes are a great way to get some whole grains in your diet. They are nutty, warm, filling, and in many ways preferable to white wheat pancakes. Try these pancakes with a drizzle of some sweet and citrusy raspberry-lemon syrup with Lemon oil.
4 cups fresh raspberries
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 drops Lemon oil
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine the raspberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Lemon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5–7 minutes or until raspberries break down and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and press through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Chill sauce while preparing pancakes.
- In a big bowl, whisk to combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl, whisk together the egg and melted butter, mix well. Add milk until it looks homogenous and smooth. Combine mixture with dry ingredients and stir together.
- Preheat a nonstick griddle to 375° F. Cook pancakes of your preferred size on both sides until golden brown and bubbles form. Serve with chilled raspberry-lemon syrup.
Tips: Garnish with a handful of fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.
For more info on the oils or to purchase, click here.